To play online casino games in the real money mode in New Zealand at a fully licensed and regulated online casino, you must be at least 18 years old.
When you have signed up to a top-rated NZ casino site, you would then need to make a deposit to start playing any of their games using real money.
If you’ve ever wanted to know how you can deposit funds at online casinos, you’ve come to the right place. Here is a simple step-by-step guide.
Which types of payment methods can I use to deposit at today’s best NZ casino sites?
Today’s best New Zealand online casinos tend to accept a broad range of secure, reliable, user-friendly, and convenient online payment methods (aka banking options) to suit all types of players.
However, not all online casinos accept the same payment methods, so you should always check to see if your preferred payment method is accepted before signing up.
You don’t want to register a new account with an online casino only to find out it doesn’t accept the online payment method you are most comfortable with using to pay for goods and services at websites.
For example, you may find some trusted NZ casino sites that only accept 5-7 different payment methods and others that accept 15-20 or more. It varies from one site to the next.
The main types of online payment methods commonly accepted on today’s most highly recommended NZ casino sites are the following:
- Credit and debit cards
- eWallets (which are sometimes called web wallets, electronic wallets, or digital wallets)
- Instant/direct bank transfers
- Prepaid cards (aka prepaid vouchers)
You can also now find a handful of NZ casino sites that accept one or two cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, DogeCoin, Litecoin, Tether, Tron, USD Coin, and Ripple, to name a few. The good news for low rollers is that you can often deposit as little as $10 dollars.
However, at some sites, you may find that the minimum deposit required each time is $20. It depends on the casino and which payment method you are using to deposit.
A step-by-step guide to depositing at New Zealand-player-friendly online casinos
Again, the exact process will vary, depending on which payment method you use to top up your account. Here is a quick step-by-step guide that should see your account topped up in no time:
- Step 1: register your free account at any of the top-rated NZ casino sites featured on the official Casinos.com iGaming review site (you must be at least 18 to sign up to any of their most highly recommended New Zealand online casinos)
- Step 2: log in to your new account and go to the cashier/banking section to top up your account
- Step 3: Choose your preferred deposit option from the list
- Step 4: enter the amount you wish to deposit and then follow the onscreen payment instructions that apply to the deposit method you selected
- Step 5: if all the details (and the amount) you wish to deposit is correct, click or tap the ‘confirm’ button to complete the transaction
- Step 6: your deposit should be processed instantly, and you should now see the funds available in your online casino account balance
Before making a deposit, check to see if you are entitled to a bonus because you may need to enter a unique bonus code during the deposit process. If you enter the code correctly, the bonus money (or free spins) should also appear in your account and will be ready to use straight away.
What are the most popular NZ deposit options at today’s best casino sites?
At many of today’s best NZ casino sites, you will find that several popular global online payment solutions are often accepted. For example, most sites accept Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, and Maestro credit/debit cards, and a wide range of eWallets like Payz (formerly ecoPayz), Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal.
It’s also common to find NZ casinos that accept various other tried and tested NZ online payment methods like Revolut, Klarna, and POLi. You may also be able to find some that accept Trustly, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, MuchBetter, Jeton, iDebit, Flexepin, Paysafecard, Neosurf, AstroPay, and Pay By Phone, to name a few.
Making a withdrawal is just as easy as making a deposit but in reverse. The minimum withdrawal amount may also be $10 or $20, so make sure you have enough winnings in your account before you attempt to cash out.
When playing in the real money mode at online casinos, it’s down to you as an individual to gamble responsibly, meaning don’t spend more money than you can afford. In other words, before you deposit, figure out how much spare cash you have to spare and then come up with a reasonable budget.
To avoid overspending, gamble responsibly at all times by never chasing your losses and by taking frequent session breaks in between playing.